Thursday, May 13, 2010

Blog 20

Although I liked the film The Matrix I kind of agree with Cynthia Freeland according to the sense that The Matrix isn't really informative. It's like revealing something people have already thought of. Personally I always felt as if our lives are being controlled and while watching The Matrix I felt a connection with the Wachowski brothers. I know that it's impossible for there to be another world but it is something worth questioning considering the fact that most people have felt like they've lived in the Matrix.
Another part I agree with is when she spoke upon Trinity being the love interest of Neo. In the beginning of the scene she is introduced/known as the famous hacker. Ne o is surprised the the famous hacker is a girl. I feel as if Cynthia Freeland already knew that Trinity's "hacker" identity will swiftly change to Neo's love interest. To back up her claim she adds in something I didn't notice. Trinity never actually did anything useful wit the computer. Her role as Neo's love interest is emphasized as you get further into the film and her "hacker" identity typically transforms. She explains how viewers(such as myself) don't notice the stereo typical roles that are being handed to us in a subtle and sneaky way.

No comments:

Post a Comment